Sea Engineering, Inc. Workplace
At Sea Engineering, Inc. our employees are our biggest resource. We understand the importance of developing each employee’s career through training and mentoring, allowing them to reach their full potential. We encourage our employees to continue their growth through continuing education and participation in professional societies, industry organizations, and technical associations.
Sea Engineering is an employee-owned coastal and ocean engineering, marine construction, and industrial diving services company founded in 1973. Our headquarters are based in Honolulu, Hawaii. Sea Engineering also has offices in Waimanalo, Hawaii, and Santa Cruz, California.
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, 401K, and ESOP participation.
Sea Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
1. Port Captain/Marine Engineer
Sea Engineering, Inc., is seeking a Port Captain / Marine Engineer to oversee SEI’s marine operations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Position will supervise marine division crew, including vessel Captains and Deckhands. Position will be responsible for ensuring vessel maintenance and certifications are kept up to date as well as ensuring that vessel preparation and mobilization is carried out correctly. Work will include evaluating weather and logistics for planning vessel operations and coordinating with clients for upcoming projects.
- Oversee and manage vessel maintenance schedule with vessel Captain’s.
- Coordinate vessel operations and assets within SEI divisions
- Manage logistical requirement for projects and allocate crew and resources as needed to meet project schedules and requirements.
- Oversee vessel shipyard as required.
- Oversee vessel modifications and equipment improvements as needed.
- Maintain Safe Operating Procedures and training for crew, including running safety drills for vessel operations.
- Position will be required to get crane and rigging certified and learn to safely operate SEI vessel cranes, winches and hydraulic systems.
- Minimum 100-ton Captain’s License
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience managing staff
- Experience operating vessels up to 100ft LOA.
- Experience with vessel cranes, winches, hydraulic systems, diesel and gas powered machinery.
- Experience with vessel machinery maintenance and troubleshooting. Diesel and hydraulic mechanical experience a plus.
- Experience with crane operations, rigging and commercial diving operations
- Experience with Hawaiian waters and weather forecasting desired.
Education and Experience (minimum & preferred):
- High School Degree or equivalent Required.
- Engineering or Technical Degree Preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Sea Engineering, Inc., is seeking a deckhand to assist with operation and maintenance of vessels from 17 to 84 feet. Work will include offshore operations to support a variety of construction, diving, salvage and vessel operations.
- Assist with maintenance of vessels and vessel equipment including engines, winches, cranes, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Perform routine inspections of vessels and equipment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Must have a basic understanding and ability to work with engine room mechanics and electrical.
- Knowledge of knot and line handling.
- Comfortable working offshore for multiple days in a row.
- Clean driving abstract and driver’s license.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter, capable of starting and finishing projects with minimal supervision.
- Pass a drug test
- 2 years of experience in Hawaiian waters
- Captains License
- Background in work boat, construction, and rigging
- Worked around diving operations
- An interest in expanding knowledge with vessel mechanics
- CDL License
- Crane certified
- Current TWIC
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds repetitively and able to lift 100 pounds in tandem.